Facilities and business organizations wishing to embark on voluntary and self compliance activities are enjoined to keep themselves abreast with the under listed items on this page as well as all other Agency’s activities. A proof of voluntary/self compliance does not attract any fee nor sanction and may include various types of waivers as may be requested by the organizations or deemed fit by the Agency. Voluntary/Self Compliance is the best form of Compliance Monitoring and recognized by all regulatory agencies worldwide. Some of the necessary steps to achieving this in Lagos State and with the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) include, but not limited to:
- Sending details of Quarterly Effluent Discharge Analysis and Air Quality results to Agency’s email;
- Forward details (Reports) of incidents and accidents to the Agency;
- Informing the Agency of your various Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities;
- Notifying the Agency of your annual Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Week activities;
Providing details of your training programmes (nationally and internationally) for your staff, especially on equipment tools and environmental protection;
Providing details of Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Green technology and Tree Planting/Beautification activities to the Agency; and
- Participating in World Environment Day (WED) Celebrations, among others.