Pollution Control Department
Head, Pollution Control Dept.
The pollution control department functions as stated below:
- Investigate and resolve public complaints/disputes on air water and land pollution industrial, commercial and residential areas of Lagos State.
- Mediate on environment al disputes between complainants and respondents.
- Compliance monitoring to ensure abatement of pollution after intervention.
- Organizes stakeholders’ meetings/workshops/seminars with professionals and associations on clean production practices/technologies to prevent pollution of the state’s pristine environment.
- Constant sensitization of the public on noiseless Lagos to reduce noise prone activities within respective environment (residential, commercial and industries using noise pollution prevention techniques.
- Enlightenment comparing on pollution prevention within the 57 local govt areas/LCDA on the state.
- Sensitization and enforcement of the 'No-smoking' in public places law.
- Regular review of enforcement procedures to ensure compliance for non-complying facilities and serial offenders on Air water and Land pollution in the state.
- Represent the agency at inter-ministerial meeting on matters bordering on pollution control.