Hazardous Materials Management Department
Head, Hazardous Materials
The hazardous material management department is commissioned to function as stated below:
- To develop adequate capacity to monitor and regulate hazardous materials to enforce compliance.
- Establish data base for all generators of hazard/toxic waste
- INVENTORIZATION of persistent organic pollutants (pops)persistent toxic substance(pts)sources, rate recovery etc.
- Develop appropriate legislation and standards for hazardous materials handling in the state.
- Regulations of activities of chemicals retailers and whole sales in compliance with environmental laws and standard.
- Issuance of chemical permit/license to the manufacture and marketers of chemical and allied products.
- Safe destruction of expired, obsolete and damaged materials and finished products.
- Monitoring, surveillance, assessment and investigation of incidence of chemical spills within the state.